Monday, June 25, 2012

Entertaining Songs

Songs like "Moon River," "Suo Gân," "The Ash Grove," "Greensleeves," and maybe others I even know are good to sing.  Even things like "Suwannee River" might cover a real traditional singer's repertoire.

... You know, I might seem like gay trash in singing *ahahaha* I mean like I'm all up to what's proper but don't sing much.  Part of the reason I quit college was so I could sing on my own...  Maybe, I just need to move the keyboard to my room now that my dad does not use it.  Anyway, how shall I say this, when I took singing in college, I thought the kids were very much like sucking up but still very casual.

I didn't really take a break in singing when I was 12 and 13 when I moved when there was no children's choir.  Oh, and I was too shy to start singing in front of someone.  I looked different, too, than before because I quit gymnastics.  The music teacher's daughter where I lived before also did gymnastics.  I went with her once but decided not to go back.  My mom, brother, and I would walk around the city, which was the oldest continuing city in the U.S., and that kept me even skinnier than when I did gymnastics.  It was in northeastern Florida.  It was glorious!  Ah!  There was a sea breeze often, I think, like anywhere in the city, but it was 95 degrees F.  For some reason, that was pretty hot, well yea that is.  It seems hotter than here in Orlando.  Maybe Orlando has a higher level of land.

The musical songs supposedly are for amateurs, I think.  I talked to a girl in voice who was younger than me when I was still in grade school, and I think she said it as musical theater that is louder singing that ruins your voice or something.  I always grew up hearing it was pop.  Still, people go off and alter their voices and I guess just do it for fun, which makes sense, though I assume all this still means that there are pop singing things that don't ruin your voice.

I guess, I've found that musical theater songs don't have to be sung in a way that ruins your voice and that it's more entertaining to others.  I like looking up people singing like "All I Ask of You" and things like from The Phantom of the Opera.  I found a nice video of a girl singing "The Trout," or Die Forelle by Schubert.  This is interesting.  It's an old recording of it.  It just shows you what life was like a long time ago...  YouTube

You know, one reason I didn't post online was because I had a busy life, including getting homework moving from southeastern and northeastern Florida to Louisiana.  *ahahaha*  So, when I finally posted online, I had a buildup of things I've done in life to go off for like forever.  I feel a bit tackled now, I must say.  *looks from side to side*  You know, I've been sleeping awhile and started to feel, which was interesting.  At first, I had a dream someone I've known awhile was there, and then I just felt.  I don't feel now.  I feel, in a way.  I feel like I'm in trouble all the time.  Um.  People have been mean to me, but no one makes a big deal out of it.  Everything I've done was a misunderstanding or something like that.  So, I always thought oh I could sing online if I get bored and I have all day to practice.  For some reason, I didn't want to do the classical songs.  I did, but I didn't get the books until later.  My dad wanted a music stand, and I don't want to take it back because he uses it.  I'll have to buy one in the next month or 2.  It's almost July already, I can hardly believe.  Ever since I stopped calling my grandma every night for 45 minutes, I've felt like time goes by very quickly.  I can't believe we've straddled the middle of the month.  It's like I'm old now and time is nothing.  *Wah*  I was just thinking about death.  So, in bed, hard to believe I slept that long, I was just like tossing from side to side.  Somehow, it ended up being a long time.  I did used to feel something from my blanket, but lately I liked to ignore feeling anything, though at least I wasn't suffering.  I don't know when I'll go back to sleep, but someone's coming to see me at 5 I think about doing theater, for psychiatric reasons.   I don't think I'm gonna do it, but I dunno.  It'll just be an offer.  I don't like this being in the limelight in my family.  They always look at me like I have to dedicate my life to when other people were the ones even to make me think they wanted me to use the "n" word with them.  It's always about that, and it's been over 2 years.  *glares*  You know, from what I just said they'd think I was wrong to say that.  They're the ones who start trouble.  For some reason I was just thinking we haven't been to the nation's oldest city this year.  My brother wanted to leave the little oldest school house earlier somehow since more people came in, and it was $5.  I asked my mom about it, at first.  I came home and asked my dad why he was acting funnily for awhile and then he made me take more medicine, took me to the psychiatrist, though he's lowered the dosage.  My parents are sick.  They don't like to have to tell us what to do, and most people wouldn't get mad like that.  People in public just are influenced these days to not like me.  Wow, $5, and there was a reason, though I wanted to go back and see something, again.  Now, you realize, which when I realize something people agree but not if it's a point about me not being in trouble about the "n" word thing, well people just forget everything and realize they don't know what they're doing exactly.  I guess I have to admit my parents feel pushed about the "n" word thing.  That's really too bad.  I don't contend with it.  I'm not the only one in danger.  :(  I wish this didn't happen.  My life means something to me.

So, yes...  I feel a bit old to be *learning* singing, I admit.  I just don't feel like it now because I'm terrible, probably because of the "n" word thing.  I started singing after it but didn't record enough.  I was 23.  I'm 26, now.  I just turned 26 a month ago.  I even was considering going back to college.  I guess I don't need to do theater.  I'm happy the way things are, going to the movies and posting online.  I'm excited about cooking more now.  I am having fun jogging.  It's just gotten hot, and that gives me even more of a workout.

You know, I feel a bit crazy.  I just realized I might have Jewish, but I also know I'm Native American, so ... but my mom is just Chinese-Indonesian.  With my dad, it's all from his mom, I think.  I'm pretty sure his dad isn't indian.  My grandma has been more harsh since the "n" word thing.  I told my aunt, too, if I called her at night to read the Bible I might go to sleep later, which can be bad for me and my intentions.  I did want to work.  It's hard, though, being mixed race, and I guess we have an issue with money.  I'm happy being a normal person, though, but wish that we had like a nicer life in some way.  People in Orlando are very extroverted.  It can work out.  It's probably smarter than a lot of places, still.  They seem to get to the issue, but, when you get down to it, they're tacky sometimes.

It seems I should have done singing when I was younger, seriously, and took voice.  I didn't have enough time for piano and got in trouble, like was told I was bad by my Russian teacher.  I had too much homework and had just moved from Florida to Louisiana.  That area in Louisiana has the lowest level of education, though, in the U.S., and Florida, is 2nd from there.  It's funny during the hurricane I couldn't read their music history.  Also, I was supposed to go to dance but didn't and missed a family reunion for the audition.  My shoes were too small and hurt, and I left.  This was like 2 years ago, quite depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, post away ~*~